The Edgewood Symphony Orchestra, a not-for-profit organization, strives to be the best volunteer symphony orchestra in the region while providing cultural experiences to our members and community through challenging symphonic music. The ESO is committed to valuing its members and providing them with the opportunity to improve their technical and musical skills and share their passion through high quality performances and educational outreach.
Statement of Values
The Edgewood Symphony Orchestra will:
- Perform historically great symphonic music and significant contemporary selections as we place our music at the core of what we do.
- Value our dedicated players and treat them with the utmost respect and importance, as we believe they are the heart of our culture of excellence in musical performance and continued success.
- Strive to be the best all-volunteer symphony in the region with regularly scheduled rehearsals to continuously improve our members’ technical and musical skills, and by conducting annual auditions to continually build relationships with talented musicians to fill current and future positions.
- Continually seek new opportunities for community involvement to build diverse and mutually supportive relationships, as well as provide the communities we serve with prestigious cultural events and exposure to symphonic music.
- Strive to build our audience by means of new technology and current media sources so that we may share our wide range of musical style and expression with musically sophisticated audiences and those who are less familiar with orchestra music.
- Through our dedication to outreach programs, remain committed to educating the next generation of performers so they may discover their talents and awaken their love of music.
- Sustain our organization by making careful and calculated decisions that protect and enhance our financial health, while remaining true to our mission and values.